Search this Blog

The Sound of Silence (Song)

Song / Down Memory Lane

"The Sound of Silence", originally "The Sounds of Silence," is a song by the American music duo Simon & Garfunkel (Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel). The song was written by singer-songwriter Paul Simon over a period of several months in 1963 and 1964. The duo signed a record deat with Columbia Records after a studio audition. The song was recorded in March 1964 at Columbia Studios, New York City, for inclusion on their debut album Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M..

Lyrics
Hello darkness, my old friendI've come to talk with you againBecause a vision softly creepingLeft its seeds while I was sleepingAnd the vision that was planted in my brainStill remainsWithin the sound of silence
In restless dreams, I walked aloneNarrow streets of cobblestone'Neath the halo of a street lampI turned my collar to the cold and dampWhen my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon lightThat split the nightAnd touched the sound of silence
And in the naked light, I sawTen thousand people, maybe morePeople talking without speakingPeople hearing without listeningPeople writing songs that voices never sharedAnd no one daredDisturb the sound of silence
"Fools" said I, "You do not knowSilence like a cancer growsHear my words that I might teach youTake my arms that I might reach you"But my words, like silent raindrops fellAnd echoed in the wells of silence
And the people bowed and prayedTo the neon god they madeAnd the sign flashed out its warningIn the words that it was formingThen the sign said, "The words on the prophets are written on the subway wallsIn tenement halls"And whispered in the sound of silence
 
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Paul Simon / Effi Shoshani
The Sound of Silence lyrics © Paul Simon Music, Sony/atv Songs Llc




Video Credit:  

Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence (from The Concert in Central Park). Simon & Gaafunkel. Youtube. Accessed November 5, 2022.    

Lyrics:

The Sound of Silence  from Google search.

Resource:

The Sound of Silence.  en.wikipedia.org. 



(c) 2010. Tel. Inspired Pen Web. All rights reserved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment